ATV Trader Traffic Jumps 35% in 2019, Marking Shift in Powersports Market
Trader Interactive Expert Will Discuss Powersports Trends & Sales Strategies at AIMExpo This Week
Consumer interest in ATVs, UTVs and specialty powersports units soared 35% in the first seven months of 2019, based on year over year searches on Trader Interactive’s ATV Trader marketplace. ATV Trader traffic is consistently growing faster on a monthly basis than any of the company’s other powersports brands, reflecting a market shift that can help powersports dealers offset flattening motorcycle sales.
Total ATV Trader searches surged from more than 5.4 million in January-July 2018 to over 7.3 million in the same seven-month period in 2019, with month-over-month increases ranging from 24% to 42%.
An analysis of ATV Trader search trends during the same timeframe revealed that:
- The most-searched ATVs by category were UTV/utility (#1), recreation/utility (#2), recreation/sport (#3) and youth (#4)
- The most-searched ATVs by type were side by side (#1), ATV four wheeler (#2), golf cart (#3), dune buggy (#4) and sand rail (#5)
- The most searched ATVs by make were Polaris (#1), Can-am (#2), Honda (#3), Yamaha (#4) and Kawasaki (#5)
The ATV/UTV market growth is expected to continue for the foreseeable future with a compound annual growth rate of 7.15% between 2019 and 2027, according to the Global ATV and UTV Market Report released in July.
“Our ATV Trader traffic has been climbing over the last few years, and the growth in ATV/UTV interest is stronger than ever this year,” said Paige Bouma, Vice President for Trader Interactive’s Recreational Brands including ATV Trader. “It’s a challenge for powersports dealerships that have relied on cycle sales, but also a clear signal that increasing the focus on ATVs and UTVs can help dealers fill the gap and keep revenues flowing.”
Bouma will be speaking about powersports trends in two seminars at AIMExpo running this week in Columbus, OH, utilizing exclusive data from ATV Trader and Cycle Trader.
- Capturing the Millennial Market: It’s All in the Story You Are Telling (1-2 pm Thursday Sept. 26) will provide data insights and strategies for capturing younger motorcycle buyers.
- Off-Road to the Rescue: How to Attract the Growing Side-by-Side, ATV and Dirt Bike Customer (8:30-9:30 am Friday Sept. 27) will examine the makeup of this expanding market segment along with tactics for engaging this critical buyer group.
A full seminar schedule is at https://aimexpousa.com/dealer-education/