COVID-19 safety, health, and security will be top of mind during planning for the 2021 AIMExpo. We will follow the recommendations and guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, as well as those issued by state and local officials, and we will adapt and change our plans as recommendations become available.
Additionally, Experience Columbus is coordinating an effort with its convention facilities, the John Glenn Columbus International Airport, and the Global Biorisk Advisory Council’s GBAC STAR™ accreditation program — the cleaning industry’s gold standard of prepared facilities and the only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation for facilities.
Below is a list of the minimum safety measures that will be taken onsite; as we get closer these will be further refined and expanded as needed.
- Require use of face masks or face shields
- Encourage frequent hand washing and social distancing
- Require all visitors to confirm that they are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19, have not recently been exposed to anyone who has tested positive, and reasonably believe that they do not have the virus (this will be done at registration)
- Designate entrance and exit areas to control
- Reduce number of people at registration by promoting preregistration and mailing of badges
- Rearrange onsite registration to reduce touch points and add satellite registration locations to reduce traffic and lessen density
- Install hand sanitizing stations throughout the Show
- Enhance physical cleaning with routinely sanitizing of high traffic areas throughout the Show floor and common areas, including doorways, elevators, and escalators
- Collaborate with Experience Columbus and the Greater Columbus Convention Center in their advancements to be among the first in the nation to pursue certification for safety measures aimed at outbreak prevention through actions such as sanitizing the facility nightly through the GBAC Star facility accreditation program
Safety for AIMExpo attendees is our top priority.